If you think that ageing is a bad thing, think again. Last Thursday I had my birthday. My 45th to be exact! Freaking awesome don’t you think? Well I do.
I had a lot of friends recently turning 40 and they were dreading it. So as I’m 5 years into this fabulous decade of my life, I’m going to tell you all the things I discovered while being in my 40s.
But let’s start from the raw reality.
The ugly truth… but maybe not so ugly after all….
The Problem: I can no longer stop eating bread for 2 days and lose half a stone. It takes longer to lose weight, much longer as my metabolism has slowed down.
The Solution: Just be mentally prepared that it will take longer and you’ll be fine. You can still lose weight and be in the best shape of your life if that’s your thing. It’s just going to take longer. Not a big deal. Make a nutrition plan, focus and stick with it.
The Problem: I always wore glasses whilst working, but now I can’t function properly without help (lenses or glasses).
The Solution: Get your eyes checked and rock these sexy pair of frames.
The Problem: I never used to forget things, NEVER. I do now!
The Solution: Take more notes!
The Problem: My skin has changed. I used to do barely nothing about my skin, a quick leg moisturising after my shower and that was it. Now I need to do a bit more than that.
The Solution: Drink more water and invest time on your self care.
The Problem: They have become more frequent than in my previous decades.
The Solution: treat your body like the temple, and only nourish it with the highest nutritious food, drink more water and exercise more so you can minimise these visits.
And now here is some of the 40’s awesomeness
Now we’ve gone over the ‘bad’ part here is all the things that changed me for the better.
- I accepted wholeheartedly who I am, body and spirit and I’m so grateful for being me and for everything I’ve learnt.
- I developed resiliency to pretty much anything and I stopped seeking approval. Criticism used to crush me, confrontation used to worry me and conflict used to bring me anxiety. After making peace with who I am, all the above disappeared. Now I actively seek criticism as I think that’s the only way you get better.
- I’m not afraid to say no. I used to be such a people pleaser, always trying to be there for everyone, even for the ones that I shouldn’t and mingle with the cool crowds. I don’t find this interesting anymore.
- Toxic people are out of my life for good. I’m more happy and comfortable to have a handful of people that I love and care about in my life and I’m trying my best to be fully present in their lives.
- I don’t get hangovers anymore because I choose to respect my body and don’t drink myself to oblivion. Also, there is nothing classy about a forty year old woman rolling on the floor with only one shoe on and her skirt up round her waist.
- I feel fine to ignore those 11 p.m. work emails.
- I grew some big balls! Ok, don’t take this literally but finally I trust my gut, and I just go for it. Whatever that is. No questions, no fear.
- I have learnt that no amount of sitting back and wishing about things will manifest my own dreams, but I have to actively take daily actions that will get me wherever I want to go.
- I’ve perfected my morning beauty routine to about 11.5 minutes, (that’s including my shower, getting dressed and putting my make up on) which is very quick and simple, cause that’s the way I like it!
- I accepted my own style and I’m very happy and comfortable with it. Embracing with all my heart my flat shoes, comfy clothes over fashion and yoga pants.
- When I don’t like something I say it.
- When I say ‘I feel better than ever,’ I mean it.
- I finally realised that everyone has their own stuff to deal with and have become much more understanding. It’s not all about me!
- I’m a much better communicator.
- I have stop sweating the small stuff
- I’m grateful for being on this earth.
I never gave a flying rats ass about my age, or anyones age to be frank. And yes my skin is changing, and some months I’m size 10 and others 12 or 14 or whatever. Our bodies and our appearance react to the constantly changing circumstances in our lives, but there is some clarity that landed over me after I hit my 40s that made me stronger, healthier and happier. If that’s ageing, my only wish is to be healthy to live many more fabulous decades like this.
Beauty comes from within my loves.
Make a mental note of that and never let it go. Love yourself, respect yourself and feed your mind with love and happiness.
If you liked this blog make sure you subscribe with the form below, so you don’t miss a post. Pinky promise I won’t send you any junk! 🙂
For taking the time to read my blog.
Want to stay up to date with my new posts? Why don’t you subscribe below?
Pin for later: